We are hiring a full-time Orthodontic Dental Assistant to work for our affiliated practice, Imagix Dental - Roswell. This position will be traveling between our Woodstock, Kennesaw, Vinings, and Buford dental offices located in Georgia. Candidate must have reliable transportation to travel between all locations. Our ideal Orthodontic Assistant will have a Certified Orthodontic Assistant (COA) certification for GA; x-ray license for the state of Georgia is required. Recent grads welcome to apply. This position offers a competitive salary, plus benefits!
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
* Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
* Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
* Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
* Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
* Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
* Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
* Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
* Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining cpr certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
* Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
* Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
* Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Additional benefits for full-time employees:
Imagix Dental is a highly successful affiliated practice of Dental Care Alliance (DCA).
We improve the practice of dentistry by partnering and supporting our dental professionals, so they can create a lifetime of healthy smiles for their patients.
To be the trusted partner of choice for the industry’s best dental professionals.
DCA Values - USMILE
Unleash Career Potential—of our employees and partners
Service Excellence—to our professionals, patients and families
Meaningful Contribution—all can make a difference
Integrity First—in all we do
Leadership—in our field and we assume accountability
Excellence in Action—we are committed to get the job done
Our mission, vision and values are a vital part of our everyday interactions with all employees, and most importantly, with patients and families.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Dental Care Alliance. Stronger Together.